IT Support Specialist
MetDesk is the UK’s largest private sector weather forecasting business with a growing world-wide focus, specialising in business critical services to a corporate and industrial customer base. Weather is one of the most exciting and diverse industries to work in and this is your opportunity to become an important part of the fastest growing commercial weather forecasting company in Europe.
We deal in significant datasets so you’ll be using the latest technologies to provide services to our growing global customer base. Your skills will support a broad range of industries from transportation, energy trading, renewables through to complex data analytics.
MetDesk is headquartered in the picturesque Chiltern town of Wendover, which has a regular direct train service to London. This is a new position within the team to support our ongoing expansion and future aspirations. You’ll be working closely with commercial staff, trained meteorologists and IT specialists.
In the role of IT Support Specialist, you will be front-line support for new issues raised both internally by our teams and also those raised by our growing customer base.
You will use your problem solving skills to diagnose any faults and then work with our different departments to produce a resolution to the issue.
Initial Tech Stack
- Development: Able to read and understand Python and PHP scripts.
- Database: Able to produce SQL statements to investigate and validate issues.
- DevOps: Understanding of Linux O/S
Experience/essential skills required
- Knowledge of Python2 and Python3
- Knowledge of PHP
- Team player
- Fluent English communication skills
- Up to date with recent tech tools and frameworks
- Passionate about technology
Great to have
- Computer science degree or equivalent knowledge
- Experience of a relational database architecture
Package & Location
- Salary commensurate with experience and competitive with SE England
- Company 5% matched pension scheme
- Company profit share scheme
- 33 days holiday (25 plus public holidays)
- Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline for applications is 28th February 2021. Please send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
MetDesk is an equal opportunities employer.