MetDesk is the UK’s leading private sector weather forecasting business with a growing world-wide focus, specialising in business critical services to a corporate and industrial customer base. Weather is one of the most exciting and diverse industries on the planet and this is your opportunity to become an important part of the fastest growing commercial weather forecasting company in Europe.
We deal in significant datasets so you’ll be using the latest technologies to provide services to our growing global customer base. Your skills will support a broad range of industries from transportation, energy trading and renewables, through to complex data analytics.
MetDesk is headquartered in the picturesque Chiltern town of Wendover, which has a regular direct train service to London. This is a new position within the team to support our ongoing expansion and future aspirations. You’ll be working closely with commercial staff, trained meteorologists and IT specialists.
As a Python Developer within the IT Development team, you will be coding and integrating with various SQL and noSQL database technologies. You will be involved with expanding the capabilities of our MetDesk API that will productise our content to present to our clients. You will get the opportunity to learn new skills as we like to innovate using new cutting-edge technologies.
Initial Tech Stack
- Back-End Development: Python, PHP, MariaDB and Micro services
- DevOps: Linux
Experience/essential skills required
- Good knowledge of Python2 and Python3
- Computer science degree or equivalent knowledge
- Team player
- Fluent English communication skills
- Up to date with recent tech tools and framework
- Passionate about technology
Great to have
- Experience of a relational database architecture
- Experience of a NoSQL database architecture
Package & Location
- Salary commensurate with experience and competitive with SE England
- Company 5% matched pension scheme
- Company profit share scheme
- 33 days holiday (25 plus public holidays)
- Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline for applications is 23rd November 2020. Please send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
MetDesk is an equal opportunities employer.