Senior Software/Python Developer
MetDesk is the UK’s largest private sector weather forecasting business with a growing world-wide focus, specialising in business critical services to a corporate and industrial customer base. Weather is one of the most exciting and diverse industries to work in and this is your opportunity to become an important part of the fastest growing commercial weather forecasting company in Europe.
We deal in significant datasets so you’ll be using the latest technologies to provide services to our growing global customer base. Your skills will support a broad range of industries from transportation, energy trading, renewables through to complex data analytics.
MetDesk is headquartered in the picturesque Chiltern town of Wendover, which has a regular direct train service to London. This is a new position within the team to support our ongoing expansion and future aspirations. You’ll be working closely with commercial staff, trained meteorologists and IT specialists.
As a Senior Developer within the IT Development team you will be using your expertise to guide and shape our internal systems. You will have the opportunity to add technical flair to our ever expanding Energy Trading platform, be involved with our traditional Transport sector systems and take part in our endeavours to provide new and exciting services to the weather industry worldwide.
You will be developing new products typically using Python, integrating with various SQL and noSQL database technologies. We productise our content via various website portals and the MetDesk API so you will be involved with working with different teams in the business in order to complete tasks to deliver to our clients.
Initial Tech Stack
- Back-End Development: Python, PHP, MariaDB and Micro services
- DevOps: Linux
Experience/essential skills required
- Python or similar structured programming language
- Experience of a relational database architecture
- Experience of a NoSQL database architecture
- Computer science or related degree
- Up to date with recent tech tools and framework
- Leadership skills
- Team player
- Fluent English communication skills
- Willingness to push the boundaries
- Passionate about technology
Great to have
Package & Location
- Salary commensurate with experience and competitive with SE England
- Company 5% matched pension scheme
- Company profit share scheme
- 33 days holiday (25 plus public holidays)
- Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline for applications is 1st June 2021. Please send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
MetDesk is an equal opportunities employer.