MetDesk is the UK’s largest private sector weather forecasting business. Founded over a decade ago the business has established itself as the leading provider of weather information services to a global customer base. Delivering highly specialised weather information and support services for weather-critical operations, including energy and transport industries amongst others, MetDesk is at the forefront of accurate, timely and innovative services for our rapidly expanding customer-base. The company is headquartered in the Chiltern town of Wendover, just 50 minutes from central London by train. MetDesk’s modern and vibrant offices are home to its dedicated forecast centre, utilising the very latest innovations in forecasting and state-of-the-art forecast technology. Due to ongoing expansion, we are seeking experienced meteorologists to join our friendly, dynamic forecast team. This is an exciting opportunity to become an important part of the fastest growing commercial weather forecasting company in Europe.
Job Title – Full Stack Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity to join a well-established development team to assist in developing new, modern and innovative solutions for the core MetDesk verticals. This is a very exciting time for the company and there are ambitious growth plans, which the successful candidate will be a big part of. You will have the option of working from our offices in Wendover, Hybrid working or fully remote to be agreed. MetDesk offers a competitive salary package based on experience, an attractive earning potential and company profit-share scheme.
· Design and produce solutions to deliver a new modern code and systems that drive MetDesk key products
· Develop relationships with the development teams to find and produce the right solution to take the MetDesk products to the next step
· Identify and provide recommendations for areas in full-stack that will increase performance and/or efficiency of the products
· Deliver efficiencies for the Forecasting IT operations
· Maintain and improve the existing MetDesk Transportation systems
· Oversee the next generation of the MetDesk Transportation systems
· A strong understanding of full stack development, from a software, programming and database context
· An enthusiastic self-driven developer with a passion for new technology
· Ability to design and navigate SQL based databases such as MariaDB
· Ability to interface with no-SQL based systems such as MongoDB
· Ability to identify and resolve bugs efficiently, sometimes under pressure
· Excellent written and verbal communicator in English
· Organised, efficient with excellent attention to detail
· Creative thinker with the ability to find innovative solutions and feed product/service ideas to management.
Skills and Experience
· Previous experience in a development department as a full-stack developer
· Excellent PHP programming skills
· Previous experience in a related weather critical market would be an advantage
· Bachelors’ degree preferred
Benefits of working at MetDesk
· Company profit share scheme
· Office, hybrid or remote working options
· 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
· Enhanced maternity pay
· Access to online wellness and mental health services
Remuneration and benefits package will be attractive and commensurate with experience.
MetDesk Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
MetDesk Limited is certified Carbon Neutral.