MetDesk is the UK’s leading private sector weather forecasting business. We specialise in delivering client-specific weather
information and support services to a diverse weather-critical client base. MetDesk is headquartered in the picturesque
Chiltern town of Wendover, which has a regular direct train service to London. Due to ongoing expansion, MetDesk is seeking
experienced meteorologists to join its expanding forecast team. This is an exciting opportunity to become an important part
of the fastest growing commercial weather forecasting company in Europe.
Meteorologist / Senior Meteorologist
The successful candidate(s) will work within our team of 24/7 shift meteorologists, analysing and interpreting observational
and forecast model data to ensure our customers are always in receipt of the most accurate and up-to-date information available.
As a company operating in a number of fast-paced exciting markets, a proactive, professional and energetic approach is required,
with a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the working environment.
Experience and skills required
- A degree in meteorology or associated science
- At least 2 years recent experience as an operational forecaster in the UK or Europe
- In-depth knowledge of UK and European synoptic meteorology, climatology and geography
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work unsociable hours, including night shifts, weekends and public holidays
- Understanding the importance of team work
- UK/EU resident or valid UK work permit
- Experience of leading operational forecast shifts
- Experience of customer briefings and presentations
- Experience of mentoring and supporting junior meteorologists
Please send your CV with covering letter in PDF or MS Word format to email@example.com Remuneration and benefits package
will be attractive and commensurate with experience.
Deadline for applications is Thursday 31st May 2018 with employment start-dates during the late summer and early autumn
Please send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
MetDesk is an equal opportunities employer.